People nowadays need to travel more than ever before. They need to travel for various reasons ranging from hard-core professional issues to fully customized family issues like travel or a visit to some other family member’s place. Now, with the increase in the amount of travel, the consequent traffic has also grown in number which has led to an increase in newer types of hazards in relation to travel. One of these hazards is definitely the increase in the number of cancelled flights which has been putting a lot of people under a lot of problems from various points of view. This is mainly caused due to the facts that people generally find themselves in a muddled situation regarding things which must be done in cases of a sudden or for that matter a last minute cancellation of flights. We will try to clarify such a situation to an extent through this discourse.
- Call the airline up immediately: – There will be many a person who will try to speak in person with the airline representative which is one of the primary things that must be done in case of a flight cancellation. But while waiting in the cue, you must contact the customer services of the particular airline and try to find out their cancellation policies and the process of refund.
- Have some knowledge regarding the cancellation policy: – Most of us do not read the cancellation policies while purchasing or even after the purchase of the tickets. If you know what must be done in case of a flight cancellation then you needn’t wait in the queue behind 150 people. The cancellation policies vary from company to company. Like in case of Virgin America, if the reservation is totally unused, the traveler gets the full amount along with the ancillary fees either refunded or credited to a Travel Bank as per their wish. Then, in case the reservation is partially used, the fair for the unused segment as well as all the unused ancillary fees would be similarly refunded or credited to a Travel Bank as per the wish of the traveler.
- Check for the next flight and the airline: – Once all the above mentioned things are looked after, you must immediately look for the next airline and the flight which takes you to your destination and makes up the maximum amount of time already wasted. Keep your calm and start searching for available options.
- Be friendly but firm as well: – Once you start speaking to the airline employee it is quite obvious that you will be quite firm because no one likes their flights to be cancelled just a few hours or even minutes before departure but remember they are employees as well and they might not have everything at their perusal. Thus, be nice to them and this might even help you in benefiting you from some corners.
- Try some other airline and book your ticket: – The case might be like that particular airline company might be having some unavoidable problems on that particular date. Thus, it is always safe to get on phone with some other airline and book your tickets from the few available with them as early as possible.
As such, if you are a frequent flier, there will be problems at your disposal. All you need to do is have a good bit of knowledge regarding things that are to be done and sort out issues while keeping your cool.