It would be exciting to get a job in glamorous and cozy work environment, roaming and traveling around the world with rich people or celebrities and caring for their small children. Most of the professional couples hire nannies those can do care for their kids in their absence. If you genuinely love being around kids, then nanny jobs are the perfect career options for you. A nanny should have deep understanding of domestic child care industry, job responsibilities of a nanny with required qualifications and professional training. This job requires lot patience and dedication.
A good nanny enjoys working for kids for long hours while their parents are at work. It’s her duty to fulfill child’s emotional, intellectual and social needs. Their honesty and devotion has positive contribution in personal and social development of children. She provides personal attention and customized care and proves to be nurturing, caring and trustworthy friend of children. Being a nanny is the most challenging and rewarding task. With every new job she has to adjust in new living environment, adapt the families’ lifestyle and understand their requirements. There are some recommended educational qualifications for nannies such as:
1. She should be competent enough to cater the development (emotional and social) needs of children.
2. She should have good observational skills to access or study children’s behavior.
3. She should have ability to plan disciplined and interesting routine and implement it efficiently.
4. She needs to create a nurturing environment for children that develop trust, independency and confidence in them.
5. She should be clever enough to use her behavior management skills while interacting with children.
6. Her behavioral techniques should be appropriate according to the children’s age.
7. She should be skilled to plan and execute learning and recreational activities for children which are appropriate according to development stages of children.
8. She should have good knowledge of recreational activities and play materials and has fine selection ability that would help in proper development and care of children.
9. She should carry a positive, professional and disciplined attitude.
10. Nanny should have effective communicating skills as well. A nanny becomes a part of family by establishing loving relationship with both children and their parents.
It is difficult to find a good nanny in New York City where everyone is busy with his/her professional life and don’t have much time to spend with their children. The excellent career scope makes it most desirable job for women who love being around children and aspiring to adopt this as their profession. Some roles and responsibilities of nanny are as follow:
1. Understand and nurture the basic physical and emotional needs of children
2. Expertise in meal planning and cooking that increase appetite of children
3. Caring of children’s belongings like toys, books, clothes etc.
4. Maintain children’s area such as bedroom, bathroom, playroom etc.
5. Perform some laundry work like washing the baby’s disperses, clothes, creasing and ironing them
6. Plan recreational activities and day outs for children
7. Plan and follow disciplined behavioral course of action
8. Behave strictly when required
9. Provide intellectual, emotional and social stimulation
10. Facilitate their transport
11. Perform some housekeeping chores, which are concerned to the children
12. Ready to travel with the family
With the increasing popularity of this glamorous and comfortable career in-home child care industry various licensed nanny agencies are providing professionally qualified and experienced nannies. Along with this, agencies prepare work agreement between nanny and family for assurance that includes job responsibilities and duties with detailed description, information of employer and employee, time frame, employer’s tax obligations, compensation packages (like salary, how & when payment will be done, overtime compensations, health benefits and fringe benefits), terms of termination, notice and dismissal, work agreement review, probationary period, driving rules and more.
The author is a social worker and consultant specializing in child care, sharing his knowledge about searching a right nanny agency for nannies in the need of nanny jobs in New York.
Find More New York Passport Agency Articles