Avoid last-minute rush, apply for passports early – AsiaOne.com

DC Passport Office
rush passport
Image by Potjie
Hope you’re not in a rush for that passport. This line was at 8:15,
waiting for the doors to open at 9:00.

Avoid last-minute rush, apply for passports early – AsiaOne.com
SINGAPORE – Jetsetting Singaporeans who plan to travel during the June school holiday period should ensure that their passports are valid for at least six months on the day that they plan to depart the country. The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority …
Read more on AsiaOne

FP Passport: Russian TV claims FSB intercepted American spy's phone calls
The transcript, only a small part of which has been released, paints Fogle as a man in a rush: "I think it's worth meeting today," he allegedly told the Russian official. "It's not possible tomorrow, it's only possible today. Well, it's worth it, as I …
Read more on Foreign Policy (blog)

Exit stamps for stranded expats next week
JEDDAH – Deportation centers under the Passport Directorate will start issuing final exit stamps next week, in a special drive to help stranded Indian workers to leave the Kingdom taking advantage of the grace period announced by Custodian of the Two …
Read more on Saudi Gazette

This is how it feels to be an English cricket fan
Baby bonus: You'll have to get in quick · Baby bonus. DOCTORS are warning of a rush by couples to get pregnant ahead of the scrapping of the $ 5000 baby bonus. … The bad news is, however, Robson has a British passport through his mother, and having …
Read more on Herald Sun

Renewing Passports The Same Day At A Regional Passport Agency

Renewing passport at a regional passport agency is necessary when you have plans to travel internationally in fourteen days or less. In this case, expediting your renewal by mail would not be possible since the process takes at least 2-3 weeks to complete. You can renew your passport on the same day at a regional agency by following the instructions below.

The first step is to call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 to schedule an appointment. You should visit the agency that attends applicants from the state in which you reside. It can be difficult to get through during peak travel periods or when new passport requirements are implemented and the demand increases. Be persistent and you will get through.

You should arrive no more than fifteen minutes prior to your appointment. You may not be allowed to enter if you arrive earlier. Arriving late is a problem too. You could have your appointment cancelled if you arrive more than 15 minutes late.

When you enter the building, you will go through a security check. From there, you will be directed to the proper room. At the information desk, your appointment will be verified and you will receive a numbered ticket with the approximate wait time.

When your number is called, you need to go to the proper window and present your application and documents. Besides a completed passport application, you should present evidence of citizenship, proof of identity and two passport photos. You should also take your Social Security card with you.

There are three fees when renewing passports the same day at a regional passport agency. The passport fee is $ 75. The execution fee is $ 35. And the expedited services fee is $ 60. If the application is completed correctly and your documents are acceptable, you should get your passport renewed the same day.

Can’t travel to a regional agency? Visit U.S. Passport Service Guide to learn how to get passport fast and download your passport applications.

Cash Passports

Cash passports (also called travel cards or prepaid travel money cards) are a simple way to manage and access your money overseas. They look and operate just like a normal bank or credit card. You can use them to make purchases or to withdraw money from an ATM, but unlike a credit card, the funds are pre-paid.

Here’s how it works: You get a cash passport in a particular currency (USD, EUR, GBP or NZD) from any Australia Post outlet, or an ANZ Travel Card from selected ANZ branches. You load some money on the card then use it anywhere overseas where Visa is accepted (over one million ATMs worldwide). If you’re running low on credit, you can reload your account online, via BPay or at currency exchange centres.

The great thing about a cash passport is you lock in your interest rate when you put cash on your card, so you don’t need to worry about the Australian dollar losing value while you’re overseas. You also aren’t charged fees for withdrawing cash (as long as you’re withdrawing in the local currency e.g. using the USD card in the USA). Plus, you can reclaim any unused funds when you return home, or reuse your card the next time you travel within its three year validity period.

There are plenty of other benefits: they’re easy to obtain (you don’t need a bank account and you don’t have to be over 18) and unlike traveller’s cheques, there is no need to carry ID or find a bureau de change.

For security, the card is PIN protected and you can get a second back-up card free so you won’t be inconvenienced or delayed if one of the cards is stolen or misplaced.

Just like a credit card, you’re also entitled to customer support 24 hours a day to deal with lost or stolen cards and passports, medical emergencies, legal assistance, interpreter services, sending messages home and access to emergency funds.

A cash passport is a good idea for any traveller, even if it’s only an emergency backup.

Cameron Price-Austin runs http://thepassportoffice.com – an Australian consumer credit card site featuring articles, reviews, tools and forums.

http://thepassportoffice.com Welcome to US Passport Online. Passport Renewal, New passport, Passport Application. Getting a Passport Renewal can be a hassle, …
Video Rating: 3 / 5

Emergency Passports for Kids

When you’re applying for an emergency passport, time is of the essence and you can’t afford any delays. So, it’s important to make sure that you have everything you need to present to the passport office the first time around.


When you apply for an emergency passport for your children, there are additional documentation requirements that you need to be aware of. Not having the appropriate documents in hand means that your child’s passport application could be denied. Here’s what you need to know:


Applying in Person


Children under the age of 16 must apply for their passports in person, either at a passport acceptance facility like a post office or at a Regional Passport Agency office.


Required Documents


To apply for a passport for your child, you’ll need his or her certified US birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, previous passport or Certificate of Citizenship.


You’ll also need to present your own driver’s license or other government-issued photo ID, along with evidence of your relationship to the child. This can include:


Certified birth certificate (US or foreign)

Court order

Adoption decree


Ideally, both parents will accompany the child to the passport office with their identification and proof of relationship.

However, if both parents can’t go, one parent can take the child along with notarized proof of consent of the other parent.


Single parents can bring documents showing that they have sole custody, such as a court order, death certificate of the other parent, or a birth certificate or adoption decree with only that parents’ name on it.


2 passport photos of the child are also required.




Fees for a child passport are currently $ 80 for the passport book plus a $ 25 execution fee. Check before going down to the emergency passport office to confirm amounts and see what payment methods they’ll take.


Alison Kroulek is a freelance writer and blogger with a focus on the travel industry.

Where To Renew Passports

You can renew passports in three different locations depending on how quickly you need to get your travel document renewed. Passport renewals can be done by mail, at a regional agency or through a private expediting service. This article will help you to understand each one and to decide the best way to renew your passport.

Apply for a Passport Renewal by Mail

If your passport is not damaged, you were sixteen or older when you got it, it was issued no more than fifteen years ago and the name in it is the one you still use or can provide legal documentation of the change, then you can apply for a passport renewal by mail.

Download and complete Form DS-82: Application for a Passport by Mail. Place it in a secure envelope along with your current passport, two recent passport photos, payment and proof of name change if applicable. Send the package to the address provided on the application. It is recommended that you use a traceable delivery method.

The processing for renewing a passport takes 4 to 6 weeks. You can request expedited services to accelerate the process. Paying the additional fee will get your application processed in 2 to 3 weeks. If you choose to do this, you should write the word “EXPEDITE” in large letters on the outside of the envelope and use an overnight delivery service.

Renewing a Passport at a Regional Agency

The U.S. Department of State operates sixteen regional agencies in major cities of the United States. You can find an agency in each of the following ciites: Boston, Ma.; Chicago, Il.; Aurora, Co.; Norwalk, Ct.; Dallas, Tx.; Detroit, Mi.; Honolulu, Hi.; Houston, Tx.; Los Angeles, Ca.; Miami, Fl.; Minneapolis, Mn.; New Orleans, La.; New York, NY; Philadelphia, Pa.; San Francisco, Ca.; Seattle, Wa.; and Washington, DC.

These agencies attend applicants who are required to travel in fourteen days or less. If you need to renew your passport in such a short period of time, this is where you need to go.

Before visiting a regional passport agency, applicants should call an automated system to schedule an appointment. The number is 1-877-487-2778. If you have difficulty scheduling an appointment and need to travel within 24-48 hours, you can try visiting the nearest agency without an appointment. Many applicants have renewed passports at a regional agency even though they had no appointment.

Renew Passport through a Private Expediting Service

If you find yourself in a situation in which you need to renew your passport fast but are unable to travel to a regional agency, you can apply through a private expediting service. Expediters are professional courier services whom you authorize to submit your application for you.

The significant increase in requests for passports has resulted in an increase in the number of private expediting services. The majority are located in major cities where there is a regional agency. However, there is no need to travel since many expediters provide an online application form for travelers who need to expedite a passport renewal.

You have three places where you can renew our passport. You can apply for a renewal by mail, visit a regional agency or contract a private expediting service. Renew by mail if you can wait at least three weeks. Go to an agency if you need you application processed in two week or less. And get your passport renewed by an expediter if you need it quick by cannot travel to the regional agency.

Visit U.S. Passport Service Guide for more information on how to renew passports.
Click here to download passport renewal application Form DS-82.

Find More Passport Renewal Chicago Articles

Did You Know? US Passports Come in Regular or Extra Large Sizes

Did You Know? US Passports Come in Regular or Extra Large Sizes
When renewing your US passport (assuming you already have one—if not get one now), there's a few steps to be completed, whether you opt for a regular or expedited turnaround time. You take a passport photo, you pay the $ 110 passport fee and you …
Read more on Jaunted

For Millions, Banking Is a Costly Luxury
The numbers are far higher among minorities: More than 20 percent of African-Americans and Hispanics are essentially left out of the American banking system. … "A bank account in a way has become like a passport or a driver's license," said Tesch.
Read more on CNBC.com