New Passport Requirements
September 29, 2023 10:45 AM
1. Gather Materials
- Download and complete the Government Passport Application Form DS-11 and print two copies.
- The Authorization letter, authorizes our service to expedite your passport processing. After you print the letter of authorization please check off box one and two on the form only. Please hand write Priority Passport Service where it reads courier company name. (click to download.) This form must be completed by hand.
- Proof of United States Citizenship (click here for list of examples)
- Proof of Identity (click here for list of examples)
- One (1) Passport Picture (click here for list of requirements) (How To Video)
- Intent to travel (proof that you are traveling soon, click here for list of examples)
- Government Fees/Payments: Check made payable to "U.S. Department of State" - $190.00
2. Review Materials
- Call 1-800-209-4565 to let us know that you have gathered your documents. We will review the paper work with you to avoid delays on the process and indicate where you need to appear to visit the acceptance agent.
3. Visit an Acceptance Agent
Bring the above listed original seven documents, and one set of photocopies to a Passport Acceptance Facility (Post office or County Clerk) and notify the agent
you are using an expediting service to "hand carry" your application.
To locate your nearest acceptance facility click here : http://iafdb.travel.state.gov
- To verify your identity, the agent will request your proof of identity.
- The agent will ask you to sign the DS-11 and then sign and seal it themselves.
- To verify that you need an expedited passport, you will need to show them your travel documentation.
- The agent will then seal the DS-11, photos, proof of citizenship, travel documents, authorization letter and the $190.00 check in an envelope marked
"To be opened by U.S. Passport Office Only".
- Important: Make sure the agent returns the sealed envelope to you. If the agent does not feel at ease about releasing the envelope, suggest that he/she
refer to page 31 or 44 of their Passport Agent's Manual, "Hand-carrying of Executed Applications". If the agent refuses to return the envelope, call
Passport Renewal Service at 1-800-209-4565 to have a representative assist you.
- You will pay a $35 fee to the acceptance agent once they have sealed your security envelope.
WARNING: Do not open this sealed envelope or the application will
be invalid. Please write the Applicant Name, Date of Birth, and Departure Date on the outside of the sealed envelope.
4. Ship your Application using FedEx Priority
- Place the following documents in a FedEx envelope.
- Sealed Government Envelope
- Copies of all Documents
- Ship to:
National Passport Service
Attn: Antonio Bone
501 N Magnolia Ave A-09 C
Orlando FL 32801
SEALED ENVELOPES MUST BE FEDEXED PRIORITY OVERNIGHT THE SAME DAY THEY ARE EXECUTED AT THE ACCEPTANCE AGENT, AS THE APPLICATION IS INVALID IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE IT WITH IN 4 BUSINESS DAYS.
WARNING: You must use FEDEX.
For the safety and security of your personal documents we only rely on FedEx.
Click here to find FEDEX locations.